C'mon guys, Since Byron Cooke said this is OUR interview, too, let's come up with some album related questions for Adam in case Byron asks for our input via twitter...hey, maybe someone can just tweet him the link to this thread!!
Oh, alright, twist my arm, I'll start:
* When writing/recording a song, how do thoughts of performing it live effect ur choices?
* What kind of tricks do u have in ur bag to do live justice to your studio recordings?
* Did any of the songs you wrote/musical directions you found yourself going in with Trespassing surprise you?
* Is there a track(s) on this album that you think will really surprises US? (in a good way, natch!)
* Tell us a few specific NEW things you learned recording an album this time around
* How does FUNK move you?
* Which instrument had a greater pull on your musical imagination while making Trespassing? Guitar or Drums?
* Go on, give us another lyric, there's a good boy...
* Do you have a favorite song on the new album?
* Tell us a little more about the Michael Jackson and Queen influences on this album?
* Did you find yourself listening a lot to any one particular kind of music while recording Trespassing?
* How does the internationality of ur fans effect ur musical choices? Does album look diff than it wld 4 a US-only market?
Post by rossiglambert7480 on Jan 19, 2012 16:57:08 GMT -5
I'm a huge fan of Adam Lambert and I really want to know a few things. p.s. I'm watching you on Ellen now! You are amazing! Haha I love you:)
Who was your first boyfriend and how old were you? What is your all time favorite outfit and place to shop? What is your favorite song to perform? How did you meet Sauli? You are amazing together ;D Where would you most want to tour and what would you sing? What is your favorite ring to wear? I love wearing rings 8-)
Can't wait for Tresspassing to come out! You are amazing and you inspire me everyday! Lots of love from New Jersey!
Post by midwifespal on Feb 1, 2012 18:19:24 GMT -5
OKAY GUYS, a reminder to choose any of the questions listed in this thread when djs/journalists tweet a request for questions for Adam. I've gone through my suggestions and crossed out those I think he already answered...
Oh, and, what the hell, here are some more Qs:
* Have your musical tastes changed much in the last few years?
* What do you like most/dislike most about promo work?
* Do u mind being a personality to go along with ur music or would u rather all ?s were just about the music?
* Do you sometimes prefer your dark side to your light side?
* Which longtime artist's career trajectory do you envy/emulate?
* Which matters to you more? Critical acclaim or popular acclaim (i.e. album sales #s)?
* Which Trespassing track most makes YOU want to dance?
* Can you describe the single-choosing process?
* Do you ever get to switch off and not think about work at all?
* How do you celebrate?
* Are you sad that your "normal year" has come to an end?
* Where did you get the beautiful squishy angsty olive cardigan from BTIKM vid?
Hi all. I know many of you are going to see Adam in some upcoming radio M&Gs, etc. One question I have always wanted to ask Adam is the following:
How did you come up with the arrangement for the first acoustic Whole Lotta Love in Fantasy Springs? Also, why did you decide to continue doing this on tour as an encore--was it that the fan response was so great, that it was easier on the voice, or that you just enjoyed it? Or a combination?
I always have considered that FS performance as another "breakout" performance for him. I've always wondered about this, but I doubt I will ever be able to ask. I am not on twitter and will probably never be in an area for a meet and greet.
Also, if this question has been asked and answered somewhere, would someone please direct me to the response or just let me know what was said? Thanks so much!
Post by midwifespal on Jul 31, 2012 11:31:39 GMT -5
Brought over from main thread, 7/31/12:
Lynne asked: I've often wondered who the collaboration that Adam was crossing his fingers for was with... I hope someday he answers all the questions he can't answer now. Also: I'm also really curious about Nile's HUGE idea
junkets reponds: ugh. me too. it's always the questions I'm dying to know the answers to that never get answered (way back when, it was who was the one person in the Idol house that AL couldn't stand that he alluded to).
MyS*[email protected]^#r50 adds: Sia's is all over the place now doing duets. I have been wondering what the Sia song was that didn't make the album!